- Fleurie, Domaine de la Madone 2009 (J-M Despres) Continuing my interest in this region - what a lot of really good, honest wine id being made here. Another strong offering with all the rich fruit of the vintage and a bit of minerality.
- Tocai Friuliano 2006 (Vignai da Duline) I do love the wines from this estate. (I tasted a lot in London and managed to leave my notes in the restaurant!) This in particular is rich while having all the understated balance one hopes for in Italian whites with really excellent minerality too. Top (almost more)
- Morey St Denis 1er cru Clos Sorbes 2004(Fourrier) This has the balance and high tone that seems to be characteristic of the 2004s - I rather like them generally. This is very Morey, charming yet with strength. Could do with a bit if time yet!
- Vouvray demi-sec 1985 (Clos Naudin) The things one finds in the cellar: I feared a bit for this, but in fact rather fine, with the sweetness transformed in to richness. Top
Tasting notes added to Fine Wine Diary 19/03/2011 Return to top
- Passito de Pantelleria 2005 (Rallo) Orange colour, quite sweet but balanced, lovely grapey fruit.
- Bandol, Cuvee Les Lauves 2005 (Domaine La Suffrene) Objectively, quite good, but the whole effect a bit gummy - a sort of texture I associate with new oak, although apparently it is made in a very traditional way. Quite good, but not for me perhaps - but perhaps it will evolve well.
Tasting notes added to Fine Wine Diary 06/03/2011 Return to top